Archive for the ‘OpenStack Dashboard’ Category
The OpenStack setup can have services separately on different machines in order to optimize performance. Here is a procedure for installing a four machine setup. The setup has all the machines running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin. The version of OpenStack is Essex. This procedure is based on OpenStack Beginner’s Guide
Installation of the components
Install all the components of the controller
The following link is a screencast of OpenStack Dasboard (codenamed Horizon) on Ubuntu 12.04.
The video gives you a simple walk-through of the features available on OpenStack Dashboard like:
• Instance Management – Create or terminate instance, view console logs and connect through VNC, attaching volumes, etc.
• Access and Security Management – Create security groups, manage keypairs, assign floating IPs, etc.
• Flavor Management – Manage different flavors or instance virtual hardware templates.
• Image Management – Edit or delete images.
• Manage users, quotas and usage for projects.
• User Management – Create user, etc.
• Volume Management – Creating Volumes and snapshots.
• Object Store Manipulation – Create, delete containers and objects.
We are working on getting the new version of “OpenStack Beginner’s Guide – Essex version on Ubuntu 12.04”. The pdf should be out in a week’s time. So stay tuned…!!!!